Thursday, February 24, 2011

FAWM. Day 24. Crap.

Argh.

Drat.

Frig.

There's this one song, see. I have two verses that I'm really happy with. But it needs a prechorus/chorusy refrainy bit. Something to tie it all together.

I was most worried about getting the percussion right (this song is closely modeled on another that has SLAMMIN' percussion). After three hours tinkering around with drums, the percussion is just about there.

Now I just need a *song* now to sing over it.

This is so frustrating.

There are still SEVEN to go!!!!

And I might be called in to work tomorrow.

Today it started to bother me that I haven't written a strummy song at all this year. I don't write strummy songs usually, I must admit. I get a little strummy song envy when I hear people's well-executed strummy songs.

Walked around all day with words written on my arm, a particularly insightful piece of criticism posted on the boards that I wanted to have with me at all times. I wrote it in Sharpie over most of my forearm.

Heh heh, work will be interesting tomorrow.

No comments: