Sunday, December 10, 2006

Succumbing To Symmetry.

Okay, so, I did it.

I succumbed to symmetry and added three more books to my books list. So that's 75 books to read (and 75 movies). I am a sucker for symmetry. And maybe now you know a *leetle* too much about my personality.

The three books I added are all Bram Stoker Award Winners for First Novels (the Bram Stoker Awards are given for horror/supernatural writing, as per wikipedia, "fiction in any medium intended to scare, unsettle or horrify the reader"). The novel I'm writing is probably psychological horror, so I thought it'd be good research to look at what other first novelists in the genre are doing.

It's twenty minutes to six and I'm getting a little depressed. There's something that makes me a little depressed when I spend all day in the house, like I've wasted a day of my life. Even though I fully intended to lay here all day. I had a barely coherent conversation with Producer #1 (remind me never to call someone on the phone before I'm fully awake) and we're meeting to start work on my album a day early. I.e., tomorrow.

jules

1 comment:

Burt said...

Hey Jules,

Symmetry's a good thing! And "The Lovely Bones" is a great book.

I get depressed too when I stay home all day. It stinks. I need to force myself to get out and talk to people. Today, at least, I took the dog for a nice walk. The weather was beautiful!

I'm glad you're enjoying "The Information." I read two or three Martin Amis books a couple years ago, and I'm pretty sure that was one of them. I can't remember for sure though.

Good luck with the recording tomorrow!

Burt