Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy 2007.

It's almost 11:30am. I'm at work. It's Tuesday.

I'm late wishing you this, but Happy 2007.

Didn't do much in the way of celebration. Caught up on the second series of House. Watched my favorite film (again) - Truly, Madly, Deeply. I have never seen anyone grieve so completely like Juliet Stevenson in that film. Or be as romantically heroic as Michael Maloney.

At some point I looked up, and there were fireworks going outside my window.

Hm.

Had Monday off from work. Frogged the burgundy hat I was knitting and used the yarn to start a scarf that I will actually wear.

I'm inching my way through Characters and Viewpoint. This is a very good book. I had said that I wanted to start revising the novel on January 1, but I realize I'm nowhere *near* ready. My story needs some serious restructuring, and I'd rather spend more time thinking about the plot than going off half cocked in some wrong direction before my foundations are solid.

Still wish I had a critical, experienced buddy to talk my way through the plot. But I've decided to use the other half of my brain. It will, occasionally, ask some good questions.

I'll dress it like Neil Gaiman and give it a British accent.

Have been thinking a *lot* about music, and the amount of concentration, focus and work the next year will need. I *need* to be a better piano player.

Happy 2007.

jules

No comments: