Friday, February 09, 2007

FAWM/RPM - Day 9. The End. Come Meet The New Guy.

Man. I'm *wiped*.

I ain't mixing *diddly* tonight.

More about my Guitar Center adventures tomorrow. But I just wanted you to meet the new guy. He's a Paul Reed Smith, a Soapbox II. I'm so glad that someone on the RPM board clued me in to PRSs, I wouldn't have tried him other wise. Feel-wise, the strat was no comparison. And this particular PRS has the brighter tone as well, but is also capable of a meatier sound.

I spent *way* more money than I intended somehow, but I'm happy.

It's too bad I won't have the new songs ready to upload tomorrow. But I'm so tired, I can do nothing but veg and rest up for work.

I *did* play around with the new guy a bit. This is where I got my first taste of how different amps can be. I tested guitars through a huge Marshall Stack that they had on the Guitar Center Floor. I bought a little VOX Amp, with effects settings. After about 10 minutes of play, it's clear that the VOX is a piece of crap.

Hm.

I made a pit stop at Barnes and Noble and got my next two reading selections, Zadie Smith's White Teeth and William Faulkner's Light in August.

jules

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Wow. SO. NICE. Play it in good health! Yeah, the VOX amp is not for wailing. I have mine hooked up to my keyboard for practice, but I can't imagine using with anything that requires power. Maybe as a speaker for a coffee house-type piano/vocal gig. Can't wait to hear your tracks!!!