Thursday, February 22, 2007

Wow, I've Just Been *Slack*, Haven't I?

Dude, it's cruising by my head too fast to blog about it, really.

Canada, in all its northern glory, was *amazing*.

We got through drums from 11 of the 14 tracks. Anton was *amazing*, I can't imagine the work he had to do to play like that. Chris was the driving hero, driving the six hours there and back all on his own. The studio we worked in is owned by the Tragically Hip, a big house out in the sticks. It snowed the whole time, there was a frozen lake outside my window.

I'm FAWMing and RPMing, kinda. I was happy enough to just breathe and see the sights while up in Ontario - I didn't get *any* writing done.

I did finish a Strangle Disco track yesterday. Can't stop listening to it, really. I suppose this is what people think I sound like when they first meet me. Which is not what I usually sound like at all. It was fun to create the track, though.

I am listening non-stop to my friend Butch Rice. He's a really great singer-songwriter (and super cool guy, on top of all that). I wish I could play guitar like him.

Off to meet K for dins. More soon, I promise.

j.

No comments: