Saturday, May 03, 2008

Family.

I found my brother on facebook today.

I just assumed he was as uncommunicative with the rest of the world as he is with his family, but no. He seems to be a healthy, well-liked individual, even if a religious conservative. His main picture is of himself as a two year old, and it nearly brought tears to my eyes. "My two year old brother is getting married next month," was the thought that crossed my mind. My brother is the first of the four of us to marry.

My sister is having a baby. She slipped and told me it's a boy. She's still thinking about names and all that. Her second child, her second boy. She is the first of the four of us to bring life into this world, and she's about to do it again, and what an awesome, awesome thing that is.

My sister is scheduled to deliver her little bun the week after my brother gets married. Which could be a sitcom. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the drama will space itself appropriately.

I am so self-absorbed most days it's hard to remember to look up. But today I looked up and remembered my family, and how we're all at these interesting life stages, and how it wouldn't hurt to be in touch with them more often.

They are the ones who know me the best, after all.

jul

1 comment:

Burt said...

Hey Jules,

I joined Facebook, but haven't looked at it since. I guess I should, one of these days. How's that new CD coming? I'm looking forward to hearing it.

I was thinking of you the other day. I put my guitar in DADGAD tuning to record one of my songs, and when I do that I play the only two songs I have in that tuning, the second being "Edgewood Road," which we wrote together. I love singing the melody you wrote for that, and I really want to put some effort into polishing the lyrics. I'd love to work on it with you if/when you have the time.

All the best!
Burt