Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Little Boat Goes Out to Sea.

So, it's officially out of my hands now.

I had to go back and forth a little on the artwork with the guys at the duplication house. It's amazing how much picture quality differs, from monitor to monitor, from Mac to PC. We finally got to something that looked okay and printed great. I'm crossing my fingers and setting the little boat out to sea.

The next I hear of this record, there will be 1500 on my doorstep, ready for sale.

I'm - Dare I say it? - a little excited?

I have been diving into the Indie Music Business and the people who preach it, trying to come up with strategies and a business plan to execute that would make me not feel like I'm flailing about aimlessly, music-wise. Notions are starting to form. A plan is beginning to shape itself. Yes, it's a little exciting.

I've been getting validation from some of the most exalted and unexpected places. Hope flutters around my heart, for the record, for music, for all of life, some days.

Off for tea with my friend Jon. I have been dog-tired all day (stayed up until 2:30am working on a guitar track for a new EP I'm working on), but now that it's time for work to release its hold, I'm finding my energy again.

If you get a chance, listen to The Masterson Inheritance on BBC7. It's amazing to hear people making up funny, funny comedy on the fly. At Home With the Snails is also great, but very, very twisted.

All is full of love,
jul

1 comment:

NathanRyder said...

Wow! That's really cool :)