Saturday, November 01, 2008

NaNo - Day 1.

So.

I was going to write you a whiny post about how I wrote 1300 useless words on the train this morning, completely uninspired and uninspiring.

I was going to lament about the blankness in my own head, how I can't think of one thing I want to write about.

But, today I got on the phone with my buddy Su. Su and I have been talking about National Novel Writing Month all year. And, in my attempting to convince her that it's more than a worthwhile undertaking, I convinced myself as well. A curious co-worker had follow up questions, and I got to relive some pretty amazing moments from the past couple of years.

I also started working with Holly Lisle's plot clinic. It may be a couple of days before I have a workable outline, but if I chart out where I'm going, they will be days well spent.

And look! The universe is giving me an extra hour tonight to work on plotting. I'm going to go make some lists.

More. Soon.

j.

No comments: