Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Nano - Day 12. I have found love.

Oh my gosh.

It's 6:21am. I've already logged 2000 words for the day.

Because of Dr. Wicked's Write or Die.

You choose a word goal, and or a time goal. I needed 1630 to complete the current scene I was working on, so I chose that. My time goal was 48 minutes.

And then you choose a mode: Gentle, Normal, or Kamikaze.

I chose Kamikaze, naturally. And clicked on the button.

So then, you're given a screen, and you just start typing. There's a countdown at the bottom, and a word count. Fine. At some point, you'll get distracted, of course. And your mind will start to wander, and you'll stop typing. After a few seconds, oh, 20 or so, the screen will flash red.

Now, if you were in gentle mode, you'll get a little window that says "Keep typing." If you were in normal mode, a little song will play. It's quite cute, actually, but potentially embarrasing, especially if you're in a quiet setting.

But, if you're in kamikaze mode, your document WILL START TO ERASE ITSELF. It was a delicious, confusing moment for me, when I realized I had to keep typing or my doc would disappear.

You can choose a forgiving, strict, or EVIL grace period.

In 48 minutes I had about 2200 words.

Result!

I love you, Dr. Wicked.

If you're writing, go get some love: http://lab.drwicked.com/writeordie.html

j.

2 comments:

fablejack said...

All or nothing!

Anonymous said...

NaNoOhKnows!