Saturday, November 22, 2008

NaNo - Day 22. Taking it Easy.

I didn't write a word after my 10K yesterday.

I left my home and went out and had fun.

First at the NaNo gathering in midtown, I got some caramel brownies and some vegan coconut cake.

And then I watched Chris do comedy, at a beautiful little theater around the corner. Funny.

I picked up Jonathan Franzen's book of essays: How to be alone. I am reading it and enjoying it very much, if "enjoying" is the word for it. Existence is difficult, creative reach is difficult. I appreciate when people tell the truth about it.

This morning I walked into my deli and there was Duran Duran on the sound system. The Reflex, then A View to a Kill, then Ordinary World. I walked out, with breakfast, floating.

My head is being retooled. I want to have fun today. This may or may not involve writing.

j.

No comments: