Friday, March 27, 2009

You're reading this bloggy-wog.

I found out that one or two of you are actually READING this bloggy-wog. Now I feel pressure to produce. It's a good pressure, though.

Interesting day today: I met up with a producer on the Lower East Side, and we talked about doing some work together.

I've been trying to get over the tired, sick space that recording my second album put me in. FAWM helped me just about kick it, and meeting with this producer/drummer today and talking about music really got me excited to record again.

After an extended chat, and two different kinds of hummus, I accompanied the producer to a show that a friend of his was playing a couple of doors down.

It's been ages since I saw a show, and I forgot that shows, no matter how good they are or how good they're not, always inspire me to play. We're getting to that point, folks. I may have to book a show.

But.

In the meantime, I promised Mr. Producer to have a song for him by next Friday. I am really not sure how I'm going to pull that off. It's a different challenge from FAWM, needing to finish a song in so short a time span, and actually needing it to be GOOD.

Hm.

And those couple of kind souls reading should feel free to heckle me, comments-wise. On anything I've said here or anywhere else. It would make me feel less lonely and, perhaps, less deluded?

Perhaps?

j.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, write! Or type.

Your FAWM output worked well. If you hit perfection paralysis, maybe just pretend February's been extended another week.

Or my approach to playing darts: throw several darts at the board. Then find the closest one and move it to the bullseye.

Anonymous said...

I have an immense amount of admiration for someone who, though armed with a top-of-the-line Swiss army knife of talent and a helicopter high beam voice, looks into the void of "I don't care" and steps forward, knowing full well that the rocks underfoot are jagged and loose. If anyone oughta, it's you!

-Dr.Hecklefritz

Burt said...

Heckle heckle. :-)

Unknown said...

Hey! One of those people reading would be me, Robert, aka Postcard Helicopters. :-) Even tho I haven't been around the FAWM forum lately, I've bopped over here a few times to see what you've been up to.

I've had something of a "FAWM hangover" this month, but I think it's starting to subside and make room for more music-like stuffs.

Jules. said...

Anonymous!
Dr. Heckle...Fritz!
Burt!
PChop!

Hello!

So nice to see you all here. I feel all warmed inside.