Friday, January 21, 2011

Almost time.

It’s been just about forever since I updated this blog.

It’s been nearly a year. I’ve been busy with all manner of thing.

T-minus how many days until February? Dunno. I seriously thought yesterday was Wednesday (it was actually Thursday). I’m working a really intense temp job in a room with no windows, kinda glad for the sensory deprivation – just broke up with a guy I really liked.

More on this later, perhaps.

It’s weird that you can have so much fun with someone, feel so at ease, and things can still be so not right.

I went into my temp job the day after the breakup. I had worked for the same company back in November, for the first time. Things were rocky for the first week, but by the time the project ended, we were a well oiled machine.

When I went in last week, they’d made me a nameplate. I got hugs from several people that I wasn’t expecting. I felt really…wanted. Needed, even. Remembered. Which was just what I was needing after the relationship experience I just had.

I’ve spent just over a week moping, and am done with the worst of it. I am craving warmth, good friends, a nice glass of wine, a nice meal. A good short story makes things ten times better. Words on a page still beat all. I haven’t been making much music lately, but all that’s about to change.

Because it’s February, and you know what that means. I have a few songs on deck already that I’ll be polishing up. I haven’t sung or written in a long, long while. Months and months. My voice is *mega* rusty right now. I hope my equipment still works. No grand plans or concepts this year, just want to cross the finish line in a graceful fashion.

3 comments:

Jake said...

Sorry to hear about the breakup. That's rough, even if it's by choice. Hopefully FAWM can be an outlet for some of that energy this year. Looking forward to hearing your stuff, even with rusty voice. I'm sure it'll be great!

Jake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Burt said...

Hi Julia! Nice to see a new post from you. I was just thinking of you, as I tend to do when February rolls around and I have to decide whether I have any inclination to pull out the guitars and try to write some FAWM songs. Not sure I'm up for it this year. I'm still more into the poetry. It would be nice to be in touch with you, though, and to see what you're up to. I'll be checking your progress. -Burt