Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Fawm. Day 2. Goal Setting.

Another looong work day.

Funny, though, how primed and ready for songwriting I am, even though I haven't written in months. I sit at my desk, listening to guitar bits and scribbling lyrics. My boss caught me deep, deep in songthought today. Hope I didn't sound too irritated when I answered him.

Most years I just write whatever happens, but today I came up with some goals for this FAWM:

1. To simplify. Musically, lyrically, process-wise, all of it. I overthink things, and I need to halt it.

2. Two piano songs. The piano freaks me out. Would like to get over that a bit.

3. To participate in at least two skirmishes, and finish in the allotted time.

4. To write a I - V - vi – IV song.

5. For extra credit, demo the three songs I didn't demo last year.

I have a list of songbits that are screaming for drafts. But, I want to leave my mind open to create completely new things too. In fact, I'd like my first post to be something new and unexpected.

Okay, I'm about to go turn on my stuff, see what still works.

No comments: