Tuesday, November 14, 2006

NaNo - Day 14. Um...

I'm done.

Finished this morning on the train to work.

My guy finally snapped after walking around all night in the rain. I should have ended on a less intense scene, I'm still a little shaken from leaving him that way.

Hung with my producers last night. We're about to dive head first into this album, and *nobody's* coming up for air until it's finished.

In the midst of all this, I'm contemplating writing a second novel. Or at least, making it a definitely goal to accumulate 100,000 words this month. Here's a bit of the debate going on in my head:

The angel says:
You did it! You did your 50,000 words, now you can relax! Take it easy. Work on your album. The second story plot is very exciting, but you need to make an extensive outline and draw maps and do medical research and all kinds of stuff there's no time for. Get it all ready for next year and go have a fruity drink with an umbrella in it.

The devil says:
That's it? You call that a challenge? The month's only half over, for god's sake. You were only half invested in the first place, you and your mini plot and psychological exposition. Now you've got a real plot, and a real conflict and a real crazy psycho stuck in a locked room, and you're going to *sit* on this until *next* *year*?

And, if you stop now, you'll be stuck *forever* on page 8 of the the descending word count lists. For god's sake, get off page 8!


Ergh...


jules

3 comments:

Anita Powell said...

Congrats for finishing already! I'm impressed! I bow to your green bar on the NaNo forums!

Jules. said...

Thanks Anita!

The little green bar is lovely, isn't it? There's a purple one, once you get verified.

You're not far away, come join us!

jules

Jules. said...

Thanks for your well wishes -

There's plenty of time still left in the month, I hope you haven't given up on your novel!

Come on over to the NanoChat board on AIM - we'll fix your word count up lovely.

jules