Monday, November 20, 2006

NaNo - Day 20. 10K.

Current wordcount: 68,454
Today's wordcount: 10,233

Time spent writing: 4-5 hours
Time spent on NaNo Boards: 0.75 hours

Today's soundtrack: My frantically moving fingers against the keys of the Neo, typing into oblivion
Today's mood: Awesome about the word count, melancholy about other things


At 11:08pm, I completed a 10 minute word war that put my word count for the day at...

...wait for it...

...10,233.

*sigh*

There was no pain involved in getting this many words down, just a determination to make every minute on public transportation count. I took the local trains to and from my several destinations today, so I'd have more time for word smithing. The Neo held the majority of my words, over 6,000 of them. After a break I finished up with some good ole word wars.

I tried to check out the word wars in the NaNo forums; they don't have the same immediacy that the AIM chat rooms have. It's nice to have a visual representation of the room full of people that you're racing against.

There were some hard scenes to be written today. My main character's father died in a car crash when the MC was very young, and things fall apart for his mother soon after. Their standard of living comes way, way down, and his mother, being a proud woman, loses her mind in the strain.

The thing that really did a number on my head were all the scenes where my main character remembers primary and elementary school. At those ages, I did some things and were some things that I am not proud of. I remembered them all today; it was difficult.

I send a silent prayer up to the universe that I may one day be forgiven.

For all you potential 10Kers: There's a 10K Day Challenge this Friday. That will be good. I have an eight hour train ride back to the city. I have my Neo. It will be done.

yay,

jules

No comments: