Tuesday, November 21, 2006

NaNo - Day 21. I Hate Circuit City.

Or any of those places like it.

It sucks that there are times I *cannot* *avoid* these consumer electronics vortexes. I always feel like I'm entering a black hole.

I went in tonight to buy a digital camera, a gift to myself for completing the first novel. Thought it might be handy to have before going back to Virginia for Thanksgiving. I found a decent model fairly quickly. At least, I think it's decent.

With the warranty, memory card, rechargeable batteries, and camera bag, I ended up spending *twice* what the camera cost. Which makes me feel like a bit of a sucker.

The sky was bright and sunny when I went in. But it was dark, brooding and cold when I walked out. That just made me feel even more like I wasted a significant portion of my life.

*sigh*


Had a nice short meeting with Producer #2. Who baffles me. He told me today that he doesn't like the Sam Phillips record I gave him a copy of. What!? How could he *not* *like* *Sam* *Phillips*!? He also didn't like the latest TV on the Radio album, which I think is a friggin' masterpiece.

It's amazing that this guy likes my stuff at all.

But he does, he really does dig what I'm doing. And I think I'm giving him a better idea of what I want this next record to be with every passing day. There's a demo session next week (for songs I haven't even written yet!), and then we'll finalize our song choice.

And then it will be time to really get our hands dirty. Heh, heh.

I haven't written any words on Novel #2 yet today; kinda blew a fuse yesterday and needed some recovery time.

In the meantime, there is Thanksgiving, and there is a train to catch very, very early in the morning. I'm deciding that I don't want to trek back out into the cold and do laundry tonight. So maybe there is time to scribble a bit, go for the two thousand that it will take to push me into the 70K club, and figure out this digital camera I just bought.

jules

No comments: