Tuesday, November 21, 2006

NaNo - Day 21. In The 70K Club.

It's fun to check my profile and see the blue bars shoot up, up past where the graph ends, even. And I'm on page 5 of the author's list, by descending word count.

At least it's not page 8.

Only did 1,672 today in one scene, in about an hour and forty five minutes.

Have been out all day. And I'm suddenly busy cleaning to prepare to leave for the train station after midnight (Does anyone else out there feel the need to clean their whole house before they go away?). I can't really call it "packing", because it's just throwing a change of clothes in a bag. I'm going to see if I can get this digital camera working.

Trying to develop a realistic plan for finishing this thing. Next week is quite busy. If I do 5,000 on my train ride home and then another 5,000 on Thanksgiving day, with the additional 10K on Friday I should be at a good 2600+ for each day thereafter. That's doable.

But then, there's the matter of finishing the story.

I've been trying to keep my word count on each scene high (1500+), and at this rate, even when I hit 50,000 I'll be nowhere near finishing the story. Maybe I should work a little for speed, as well.



jules

No comments: