Monday, November 27, 2006

NaNo - Day 27. AshWalker Said:

Keep smiling, keep it up, embrace the fear, love the fear, slap the fear around and make it your bitch.

When NaNo first started, I requested AshWalker's mentoring help. He sent me the awesome quote above, and then I haven't heard from him since. He's been off doing all manner of things, and is holding his own with a kick ass 93K words. He's got a really cool plot as well.

Yesterday, Rosymamacita from Brooklyn made me aware of the New York City region rankings. I was number #1, AshWalker was #2, and she was #3. I had no prior knowledge of this list, but since I've found out, I'm keen to keep my standing.

I spent a ton of time on music today, so they both are currently ahead.

BUT.

I'm cooking up some turkey burgers and getting ready for a furious write tonight.

(Rosy, the current #2, only *thinks* she has more words than I do. I did the whole of Chapter 7 this morning (a cool three thousand) and haven't claimed it yet.)

Nothing like a little competition, eh?

The days are busy for the next couple, lots of meetings during the day. But I'm going to try to go to the last Brooklyn write in tomorrow at the Tea Lounge. I'll succumb to the lure of the purple winner's bar on Tuesday or Wednesday. Thursday, I might have to go out with a bang. A furious, dangerous word explosion. We'll see.

Trash talkin',

jules

No comments: