Thursday, November 30, 2006

NaNo - Day 30. Seven Twenty Pee Em.

*sigh*

Breathe In, Breathe Out.

There are four more sections to go, folks. In two chapters. 4200 more words.

I've been on a break since 6pm, and I think my eyes are learning to focus again. My belly is full of turkey burgers, and I'm ready to gear up again.

These last sections are kinda fun. In a tragic sort of way. They're mostly dream, hallucination, inner monologue. My main character falls down a six flight stairwell, and then has to climb back up again. To the top. His heart and breathing are already going nuts, his ribs are probably broken. He's hungry and thirsty, and he's just figured out why he is where he is.

And at the end, *then* you get to learn that Angel is no saint himself.

Heh, heh.

I am looking forward to being done, so I can run around the boards like it's the last day of school, hugging and thanking everyone and writing K.I.T. in everyone's yearbooks.

I'm also looking forward to adding up my final word count and sailing to the top of the New York City region list. And sharing with you how many words I've written today.

(My competitive edge has really reared itself these last couple of days. I'm a little embarrassed about it, but, whatever.)

back soon,
jules

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be embarrassed, Jules! Just go, go, go!!

Hey, I have a huge paper on hepatitis due tomorrow. And I am totally counting on the idea that I can crank out several thousand words overnight, the same way you seem to do it on a regular basis.

Or I'm screwed.

Any tips for caffeine formats or other helpful stimulants?

xoK

Jules. said...

Hi, K!

The coffee is good. Stacker 2 if you know you won't jump through the roof.

The main thing, though, is to ignore the delirium until you're so deep in the writing you don't notice it anymore.

That's how I got through today!

huggles,

jules