Thursday, November 30, 2006

NaNo - Day 30. Done.

Current wordcount: 120,624
Today's wordcount: 17,210

Time spent writing: All friggin' day.
Time spent on NaNo Boards: On and off, all day.

Today's soundtrack: Tori Amos, Barons of Suburbia.
Today's mood: Delirium.


*sigh*

The novel is done. I have typed 'The End,' gotten my final numbers.

Yes, today was a 17K day! I felt I needed to go out with a bang.

I was able to get to the end of the story, and I have an enormous sense of closure. Actually, no. I don't have an enormous sense of anything, except for the fact that I've been in the same position since five o'clock this morning.

I'm really proud of the writing I did on those last three chapters, specifically how I was able to say, in many varied and different ways, that the guy was in pain.

There's a *lot* of pain in those last chapters.

And I put the last minute twist in that I wanted to, and I think it reads just fine.

The computer light is beginning to shine a little too bright in my eyes. You know that feeling, when you have to squint to see?

I'm not stopping the blog, no siree. But I am going to modify it a bit - going to start my 101 in 1001 in the next couple of days. I'm also going to join NaNoPubYe, and see if I can get some help on editing this sucker.

I have to thank some people for getting me this far:

For those who offered their help - Shadawyn, AshWalker and MrsDBoone
Big V for all the medical/hospital help
AshWalker and Rosymamacita for the competition
Erin, Clarice and Alexis for organizing the meetups and dinners
The ThirtySomethings
The NaNoWriMo Singles Lounge
Guitarfolk for the Music
My friend Kate and sister Becky for the support
Eleven for the medical advice.
The AIM chatters for all the invaluable word wars
Quills and Quirks (Chris)
Thanks to NaNo for the Neo. It's *boss*.

I'm closing out of Word now, and I'm going to go troll around on the boards, and give NaNo some money for kicking my boo-tay this month.

I hope your NaNo journey was all you wanted it to be.

jules

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! Congratulations.

Burt

Anonymous said...

You are a wonder, Jules! You're such an inspiration. :)

xoxoK