Thursday, December 14, 2006

Up From The Underground.

Howdy, Folks, out there in the ether.

Sorry to be away for so long. My album sessions started Monday. I was sucked into the album vortex until 10pm tonight, when I came home, made myself a turkey burger, and finally felt like I could exhale for the first time in days.

It has not been an easy week.

Sitting in front of a microphone with a guitar in my hand has brought up *all* my stuff, my yucky psychological stuff. At once. I'm working through it, though. We are recording in a space that's actually in a (sometimes noisy) rehearsal studio, so there have been a few things to negotiate. But, we've gotten down buildable versions of seven songs, as of this writing. I get a week and a half off, and then we try to get the other half of the basic tracks for the record down in two days.

I am exhausted.

I love my producers.

They are polar opposites of each other, almost. They are good friends, but have very different ways of working on music, and it has been such a growth exercise to watch them working it all out, and to work it out with them. They are talented, conscientious men, my fellow soldiers in a difficult task. I am lucky to have them.

Did I mention that I *love* my producers?

*big smile*

I have also been whittling away at my 101 in the few spare hours I've had. I finished The Information and started Jeanette Winterson's Sexing the Cherry. My next book will be Weston Ochse's Scarecrow Gods, since he was kind enough to leave a comment on the blog (thank you, Weston!).

And, I'll have something to show you tomorrow, and another thing to cross off the list....

:)

jules

No comments: