Saturday, December 09, 2006

What A Great Book.

I've started Martin Amis's The Information.

This guy's writing is amazing. Smart. I really get the "show, don't tell" thing with what he's doing. Snappy, snide, pulling from the ether. The book is about a down-and-out writer's jealousy towards another, a friend who he deems to be less talented. Amis really takes me down there. There's a gem sentence on every page.

And I'm on chapter 2.

I can't help thinking about the thing I just wrote that is striving to be a novel.

*sigh*

Anyhow, more later. With the book done, I feel my mind freeing up so I can concentrate more on 101.

But, what to get Mom for Christmas?

j.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jules! How are you dealing with post-NaNo? Go to the boards and shoot me a PM there. I've got something th show you.

Jules. said...

Hey, Robbie!

Sorry it's taken me an age to respond to you, I feel like I've been underwater this whole week...sending you a PM now...

jules