Saturday, December 09, 2006

101 — A Cool, Cold Day.

What a cool day. In spite of the freezing coldness.

I finally finished all my musical charts, and took my files to work to get printed.

I don't mind being at work when I don't have to be there. It was nice to see my weekday co-workers, who I haven't seen for three weeks now. Anyhow, I made my Album Book. It's beautiful, to see all the songs for my album compiled into one place, with a beautiful wire binding.

Dropped the book off with producer #2. Got more questions and concerns from him, and lovely chat. We start work in earnest next week, and I'm so excited it's hard to keep myself still.

Knit New York is tucked away in a little basement level shop not too far away from my beloved Union Square. I walked there, fully intent on signing up for the group class on Wednesday the 20th. However, I was told by Raashida there that the private classes are a little cheaper and more flexible, so I signed up for a private lesson on Monday the 18th. I'll learn knitting *and* purling, whatever that is!

I'm going to make a hat!

On my way out of HSBC, I saw Olga, a Municipal Liaison for National Novel Writing Month in Brooklyn. She was out with her friend Erika, and asked me to go shopping at the Union Square Christmas Kiosks with them.

I like the idea of the kiosks, but have avoided them for the past couple of years for fear of that claustrophobia endemic in popular New York shopping locations at Christmastime. I'm glad I let Olga lead me over there - it was such a cold day that the kiosks weren't too crowded. And, I found some beautiful items. I bought a necklace and a pair of earrings, for much more money than I would usually spend on jewelry. But, I love them. They're very classy.

Olga, Erika, and I then took our freezing fingers and toes to the Max Brenner, where they had hot chocolates, I had coffee. Max Brenner is a very, very dangerous place. There are huge vats of chocolate, peanut butter, hazelnut praline, and other delicious things, just sitting there. On a less disciplined day, I'd be...never mind. Shouldn't think about it.

Netflix came through for me, I now have Holy Smoke.

woot,

jules

No comments: