Tuesday, March 20, 2007

No-Hesitating Day.

Today was a no-hesitating day.

This morning I did the most difficult thing I've had to do in a while. The sky did not fall down on my head, at all. In fact, the other party involved reacted in the best of all possible ways. I do care about him. Much.

:-)

I saw Taxi Driver for the first time a couple of nights ago. This movie made me understand the whole "Robert De Niro" thing, which I didn't quite get before. It made me think about Catcher in the Rye, Holden Caulfield, and all the other lonely souls I've been communing with lately. How isolated do you have to be before your switch gets flipped and you start to lose it? I worry about that sometimes.

It's nearly 11 o'clock and I'm waiting for a phone call. There's a sweet cat nuzzled beside me and a mountain of things to do. I'm in "get all this shit together" mode. Some important appointments tomorrow, a rehearsal. I would sleep now if I weren't waiting for this mega important call that could keep me up until the wee hours.

I'm going to put on a sweater. It's cold in here.

You know what I need? 30 nights of silent sleep. I've been spending fitful nights with the DVD on in the background, and I need to cut that crap out. Dreams, while not often pleasant, contain some useful information. They're always slightly banged out of shape with Bill Bailey's standup going in the background.

I had a second cup of my favorite coffee tonight, and I'm feeling it, that empty adrenaline surge. Love that caffeine.

If I get home early enough, I'm going to put my computer together. The reason I've been hesitating is that I need to re-jig my music space. I don't know if I should make moderations where it is or move it altogether. I don't have a lot of space to play with either way.

Enough rambling. Off to read. And wait for my call.

jules

3 comments:

Anita Powell said...

Where have you been lately?? I miss your posts!

Oh, and... You've been tagged! Go here: http://anitahavelsblog.blogspot.com/2007/05/ive-been-tagged.html for instructions!

Dee said...

This is completely unrelated to your post, but Erin wanted you to know about this, and I don't know any other way to contact you, so here ya go:

Hey everyone,

Chris Baty, founder of NaNoWriMo, is in town the weekend of June
9th/10th and would like to meet some NYC participants. You're all
invited to come out and meet him on June 10th at 7:30pm at our old
hang-out, Bar 9 (9th Ave near 53rd St).

And if anyone has Julia (JayBizz)'s email, could you pass the invite
along to her also? I think it's only fitting that she come since she
wrote the most words this past November, but I don't seem to have her
email.

Let me know if you have any questions. No need to RSVP, just show up.
I hope to see you all there.

Erin

Dee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.