Monday, July 30, 2007

This Week: North Carolina.

This week, we head down to North Carolina in an SUV. To record vocals.

The drive promises to be 10 hours or so. Yay. I *love* long car drives.

I now have my mind squarely on finishing this thing. Which is good. Not everything may be to my liking, and I ponder occasionally on the rightness of that. I'm wondering if I should make a last play to have every little thing changed until I love every little thing. That could take much more money. And another year.

I originally thought I'd do another photoshoot, and hire a designer to do my artwork. BUT. I mocked up a cover, using photos from my last shoot. I like them. I've even come up with a tentative title.

Things are moving, humming, buzzing.

My thoughts turn again to performing live. *sigh*

I wrestle. I wrestle, I wrestle, I wrestle with the live thing. I'm not great at it. It doesn't feel particularly comfortable. But, I know that I get something from performing live that I don't get anywhere else in my life. It's a worthy challenge for me, to do it well. To get up on stage and come off it knowing that I've said what I wanted to say, exactly the way I wanted to say it. And I've had some good shows.

But the taste of the bad ones in the distant past stays with me, sticks in my mouth, lingering and nasty. I know I'll have to get over it - else what's all this album crap leading up to?

Nervous as heck, though.

jules

1 comment:

Burt said...

750 days left of your 1000! How are you coming with your list?

My CD is done! I got it just in time for Summersongs. I didn't write any new songs while I was there, but did spend some time playing and thinking about our "Edgewood Road." I like singing it, probably because you wrote the melody! I don't think we ever quite fnished the song. I'd like to.

I hope the recording is going well!