Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Mini Report Card.

Well, I didn't 100% succeed and being Ms. Love and Light last weekend.

I did go be a backup singer in front of a bunch of Floridians. It was an interesting experience, I got a mysterious headache for some of it.

I don't like airports. I'm not all that comfortable flying, but I really, really don't like airports. I don't like the fact you have to take off all your clothes and then instantly put them back on again (a reason why I hate trying on stuff in stores). It was, however, good to leave New York after the coldest day this season. I was walking around Friday in gloves and a jacket, shivering.

Work is utterly unsatisfying today. I have to come up with my yearly goals, a process which I think is a total joke. I met and exceeded my goals last year, it did not reflect itself in my raise, and I resent being put back into that process.

Ack...I'm complaining again.

Well, I'll tell you something good....my producer submitted final mixes to me last week. My goal for this week is to try out my running order, get a feel for the album proper.

There's one song still being worked on by a friend of mine. We're nearly done with that one too, though.

Things are looking up, boys and girls.

I'm working on my novel plot, wondering if I'm doing too much plotting. Or taking it into places that are too predictable. I joined a group in the forums called "The 3+ Novels and Other Insane Goals club," and thought, if I reach 100K on my first novel, I would start another 50K project that I wouldn't plan at all. The idea of working without an outline or plot scares the crap out of me.

Which is exactly the reason I'd like to try it. Hm.

Anyhow, back to work.

jules

No comments: