Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Not So Bad.

Today was not-so-bad.

Had enough work today to keep me busy. The general angstiness was minimized. Got some good emails, spent some time answering them.

I have to be at work on Wednesday, which makes me slightly resentful (I'm usually not at work on Wednesdays), but I'll live. I'll be loving life on Sunday when I'm sitting around in the sunshine instead of slaving away at work. Yay.

Last night I pulled out "Plot" in the Writer's Digest Fiction Writing series. There's some good info here. I keep coming up with dribs and drabs of plot that I'm tacking on to this NovelMonster I'm creating. Can I really write 100,000 words and have them all point toward the same organizing idea? Will it be any good?

The NaNo board is still not functioning properly, which is a major drag. The camaraderie is two-thirds the fun, and I'm missing it, blathering out my plans and listening to other people's.

Still haven't listening to my album mixes. But I'll do that tonight and tomorrow.

There are friends to meet! Must get the social calendar squared away for this week and next. I'm going to Florida to sing backing vocals on Saturday.

I've hit the moment where I realize that I have 10 things to do, and only 10 minutes left in my shift. And each sentence that I'm typing bears little or no relation to the previous one.

Gotta dash! But I'll be back soon.

jules

No comments: