Thursday, February 14, 2008

FAWM. Day 14. Happy Valentine's Day.

I finally cracked the POD book, and did some rock today. There was something majestic about the sound of those guitars, I did a stereo pass, and then another, and then panned them each hard left and right. Wow, I can't tell you the thrill those guitars gave me. I'm calling it a FAWMgasm.

It's Valentine's Day.

Anytime I think about Valentine's Day, I think of my sophmore year in high school. The guy I liked had just gotten a new girlfriend. I walked around the school, trying to get them out of my sight, and ended up running into them wherever I went. Would turn obscure dark corners, trying to find a place to cry in peace, and there they would be, her with a huge bunch of flowers and balloons in her hand and him grinning like an idiot.

Not pleasant memories.

Met with JL today for dins, we've got another day's work in finishing up the acoustic EP.

The album is weeks away from being done. Mastering early March.

Yay!

2 comments:

Errol said...

Valentine's Day is my anniversary. Not that I wanted to sound like a jerk on this post because it's a sad kinda post about unrequited love and here I go talking about how I found love, but I wanted to relate my comment to the post somehow, and my lack of social skills and tact is doing it in the worst way possible.

The real reason is that I didn't know you did FAWM as well, you crazy super woman you. Debs was telling me she wants to grow up to be like you. *laugh*

Since I can't comment on FAWM, I'm commenting here. Good work, Jules! :D

Jules. said...

Hi Errol!

(For those of you who don't know, Errol was our SUPERMAN at NaNoWriMo last year, Coder Extraordinaire who built a chat room and a tracker during the New York-Chicago-Toronto three way!)

I've learned not to feel (too) resentful toward those who have successfully found love.

And those who TRULY lack social skills are never so self aware as to openly admit that they have no social skills.

Debs is great, she's been doing fantastic FAWMing this year. And I want to grow up to be like her - I don't even think I'm going to finish. :-(

Errol - YOU MUST FAWM NEXT YEAR!!! Sign yourself up now.