Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nano - Day 18.

Last night I went to the meetup at the Tea Spot.

I kinda knew what was up, I knew that these meetings are often more social than writing. But, I was greeted with such an outpouring of love from a hot steamy room of writer friends I haven't seen for so long, I am not going to grumble that my output at the meetup last night was zero words.

My noble acts for the evening included having a mexican hot chocolate, and being fully distracted by the Distractivores, who weren't writing, but distracting everyone trying to write.

Evil Dan is moving to Boston, so last night was his going away party. Half the room emptied to go to dinner with him, and the other half emptied half an hour later. I had done no work. So, I typed like crazy on the way home, and with Write or Die later on that evening. I got my 3K, bringing my total up to 30K now.

I still feel oddly divorced from my plot, but I will struggle on toward the end. What I should do is pick up the pace significantly, satisfy myself with 1000 word scenes and just try to get through the action as quickly as possible.

I hope I can finish this thing in a week.

j.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope you make it past the finish line. This is Jason, An Exispentialist in Nanowrimo, the black guy you met at the last write-in. Yes, I'm also struggling to bring my story across that 50k mark, as I'm sadly behind. Good luck!