Wednesday, February 18, 2009

FAWM - Day 18.

Wow. It's 11:30 at the end of a pretty good day.

Read my 500 word assignment out today in class. Teacher laughed out loud in some parts. She said it was good, but warned me about making a character in a story all repulsive, with no redeeming features whatsoever.

I'm afraid that I ramble when giving critiques. I will try to make next week's critique a little more concise.

All that's left to make the day PERFECT is for me to do up these two new songs I'm conceiving, and to mix the 50 track monster. I spent many potentially productive hours in the chatroom. I love FAWMers, I love chatting with them. I'm not spilling any beans now, but I will say there are some very interesting collaborations in the works.

I always feel like such an adult when I buy things at the store BEFORE I've officially run out of them. It makes me feel like I'm taking care of my own needs in a sharp and timely fashion. Today I bought mushrooms, two packs, while I still had the remainder of a pack of mushrooms still in the fridge. So when I had mushrooms with my turkey burger and used up the pack, I didn't sweat it.

I did forget to buy hummus, though. Which means I will have to go to the store tomorrow. Else, what am I going to do with all this raw cauliflower?

I am having lunch with Charlie Cheney tomorrow, who is slumming it in New York after spending a few days with Bryan Thomas in Albany. Whee!

j.

1 comment:

Laurie Stark said...

I love making cauliflower with Tahini-- here's a recipe, though I think I add yellow mustard to mine usually.

And I know just what you mean about buying things ahead of time. My favorite toothpaste was on sale tonight so I bought an extra tube to store in the bathroom closet. I felt so grown-up when I put it there. Though, knowing me, by the time I get around to needing it, I'll forget it's there and buy a new one.