Saturday, February 21, 2009

FAWM - Day 21.

Oops. Got sucked into a vortex there and missed a day. *Hate* it when that happens.

I posted two new songs a day ago. Which brings my total up to seven.

That means there's seven more songs to finish. In a week.

I had a mini panic attack in the chatroom yesterday when I realized this, and got some MusicEnergy from some considerate FAWMers.

Had a lovely lunch with Charlie Cheney at Penn Station a couple of days ago, as well. He's a terrific fellow. I'm not sure what I'm going to do without his radio show to tune in to every night.

Okay, so, I'm developing a plan for finishing.

The latest is that I've conceived of a three-song-three-act "play" of sorts. I was calling it a rock opera before, but that's not exactly accurate. It's just a continuous story, over three songs. I was messing around on the Acid Loop site after Burr posted the link for the 8 pack, and I found quite a few things that inspired me on this idea. The main loop for each of the "acts" is chosen already, the lyrics are about 90% finished for each of the song. The idea (Julia, listen hard) is to keep the music tracks simple, and to go heavy on the vocals and sonic atmosphere. Or maybe, not even, depending upon how much time I have left.

I have a collab with Errol and with Dan Wallbank on the horizon as well. And then, there are a couple of songs in my back pocket, pieces from the archive that are waiting to be fleshed out. There's a piano song, that would really love a jazz player, but there are none living in my apartment, currently. I will have to play my simple chords all on my lonesome. Hm.

So. What else?

Dunno. I spent all yesterday in the same position, almost, bent over in song. My ideas overwhelm me sometimes; it's hard to know how to get them all achieved.

I'm giving up on the monster song. By the way, I was totally being a drama queen - there are only about thirty tracks. But, when I opened the file again to open it, about 8 vocal tracks were missing! And what I heard wasn't sounding as good as I remembered.

I'm happy to shelve it. There are other ideas waiting.

j.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enough of all the fawm stuff already. They're all a bunch of amateurs. You're way ahead of them. Forget all the fiction writing crap and concentrate on the music. There's no future in all that other shit. Stop being such a scatterbrain and FOCUS!