Tuesday, February 03, 2009

FAWM - Day 3.

Well.

I got a few pennies from heaven in the form of five days straight of not working - some crazy upgrade means that no one can be on their computers this weekend. I decided to take a day off.

There is the not-so-small matter of my story for Booth, which is due tomorrow (I actually get to hear what people think about it in next week's class). I'm nearly proud to say that I'm about two hours of concentrated work away from a bad first draft. I managed to put the pieces in some kind of order while at work today. Now I have to read it through and fill in the holes.

Why am I trepidatious about doing this?

I hate, hate, hate turning in bad writing. But, that's why I signed up, I guess.

But, I turn this puppy in, and I'm not in the Booth again until one month from now, 3/11. That means I can focus on FAWM.

Again I fight the nasty feelings around demoing mediocre songs. But, that's why I signed up, I guess.

It snowed today. It coated everything just long enough for me to get a glimpse of the whitened wreckage outside the World Financial Center. Did a two and a half hour pre training training session that made me want to stick an ice pick in my eye.

Feels good to know that I can hole up at home for a few days.

j.

No comments: