Monday, February 02, 2009

FAWM - Day 2.

Exhausted.

By work. By thinking. By a lot of things.

The songs started today. They began, with their peeking and poking, prodding and picking. Something's brewing. This may be a radical move, but I think my first song for FAWM will be a song loosely based on one of my favorite films, The Wicker Man. Odd. Odd, odd, odd. I don't write songs like this, ever. But maybe that's what I needed, to get out of my own puny little head and focus on a story that's not my own. Give myself a break from myself.

The Wicker Man. Heh, heh. Again I am thinking of M. We watched it together in a little house in London's East End. It's an incredible film. Lots of great music. He made me a copy of his vinyl of the soundtrack and I forgot it, left it at his place. I have half a mind to write him and ask for my copy....We weren't together long, M. and I. But it was quality time. There are quite a few things he shared with me that became mine.

But, back to the present day.

I am a little worried about my story for Wednesday's class. It's still in pieces all over the place. I've made a play at organization and divided it up into six parts, and will work on it one part at a time.

There are some kick ass artists doing FAWM this year. It's the same every year, but man, am I ever reminded what a talented group of folks that is!

I nearly had a fit at work when I thought I'd lost my scarf. My seven foot long magenta scarf that I knitted myself. It wasn't anywhere to be found as I was packing to go home, and it brought me almost to tears. But. I never put it on this morning. And I'm trying to figure out how that's possible.

The world's going crazy, or I am.

j.

No comments: