Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Happy morning.

My cats are crawling frantically over my face. Which means it's time to get up and feed them.

But the weekend is here. It's a great morning.

I was at work until 2am, entering the massive mountain of receipts into my tax worksheet. Today's task is to collect any stray receipts hiding around my apartment, and find all my bank statements and cross check. My spreadsheet should be in great shape by this time tomorrow. Meeting with accountant on Friday.

He's been sending me scary text messages for the past month, asking when my taxes will be ready.

The impending layoffs have set off some interesting tremors at work. My boss is freaking out. It is not pleasant. I've got a spring in my step and a smile on my face; The packages, I'm hearing, are better than I thought they would be. With my savings and my tax refund, I should be able to get by for a while if I'm really frugal.

I'll find out soon.

I'm making a list of outstanding items to take care of over the next couple of months, stuff I've been shrugging off for the longest time.

There's more to say, I might check back in later. Right now, there's a cat waiting at my side patiently to be fed.

Let's feed her, shall we?

j.

No comments: