Wednesday, February 03, 2010

FAWM. Day 3.

Oh god. I am way down in it.

Way.

Down.

I've basically been in the same position all day, on an inverted piano stool, using a dresser as a desk. I've got a guitar to one side of me, loop CDs playing from the computer, About 18 word files full of lyrics open at once. My cat is desperately trying to find a (nonexistent) comfortable position on my lap, trying to get in on this action.

As soon as I'm done typing this sentence, I will have to grab her and place her elsewhere.

I am schizophrenic loon today, mentally hopping from song to song to song to song to song. I mapped out a potential FAWM menu, which will include a few repurposed lyrics. The time for trying new things, for listening through loops, is over, I think. Now I have to execute.

In the midst of it all, I'm trying to get 6 songs together for my producer on Friday. In my left-brainedness I created a list for that, too. And I am going down it, in order. Part of my mind wants to jump around, complete the close-to-done songs first.

If I do that, I will jump around forever, and ever. No. Go down the list in order.

Two verses and two choruses is enough. Go back and finish later. Just do a map, a rough sketch.

Erm. That was me, to myself.

I haven't really been able to listen much to people's songs. I'm feeling a bit removed from the community this year, I think. Although I did spend some of last night blathering on Charlie's radio show when he had technical difficulties. I don't have Charlie's cool radio show guy demeanor. I'm sure it sounded wrong.

Anyhow.

I'm shaping up song #3 for my producer. I barely have anything for it. I'm trying to come up with some words that won't make me wretch, and it's really difficult. I'm just filling lines at the moment. Sometimes, though, that causes me to hit on something good. So I'm just trying to trust in process right now.

Trust the process. John Taylor (from Duran Duran) has a good song about that. Called Trust the Process.

Hm.
j.

No comments: