Sunday, November 19, 2006

NaNo - Day 19. Morning. Starting Again.

Okay, folks. It's on.

Pulled out my Neo this morning and jumped into the first scene. Logged about 1900 words before getting to work this morning, wrote several versions for the opening. I want it to be really scary. I also understand I can't get bogged down in this, there are nearly 48,000 words to go.

My outline in its current state has about 53 scenes. If I get 1000-1500 for each I should be okay with the word count. It would be awesome, though, to finish the story by November 30th.

Unfortunately, it's busy at work today. I'm the only one here, and there's a team with a proposal looming. Ack.

I may stay at work late tonight, get latched into some word wars and crank out at least two more scenes before going home. That will be a nice, healthy start.

Cheers,

julia

1 comment:

Anita Powell said...

Hey! You're more than welcome to use my NaNo progress headers. I thought it was a neat way to show what's happening throughout the month.

Oh, and I'm so glad you like the 101 in 1001 project! If you decide to do it, I want a link to your list! I'm so excited about this project, I'm like you.. I love lists!!

By the way, I'm so impressed with your wordcount. You are an inspiration!