Saturday, November 04, 2006

NaNo - Day 4. BizarroWorld.

I managed to clock another 3000 words today, the stream of conscious is heating up and turning into steam.

Here's my new strategy: I just keep writing the same scene.

Note: I *didn't* say rewriting. There's no editing going on. I take the main idea of what I want to express, and I write it, and I write it a different way, and then I write it a different way.

This is helping me *so* *much* to know the characters, to really think about where they are and what they are seeing. It's like the scene deepens with every reset, and I'm able to capture something I didn't before.

What's rich - I have another 2900 words to go before I'm in the 20K club. I may do that after getting home tonight.

Today I watched a bad, bad movie (Mariah Carey's Glitter; strictly for the comedic value) and thoroughly avoided doing almost all my work.

How are you all doing out there in NaNoLand. Give me a shout!

No comments: