Sunday, November 05, 2006

NaNo - Day 5. Ripping Up the Roots.

Hello.

It's the end of day 5.

I have somewhere to be, about half an hour ago. I'm staggeringly late, still cleaning up here at work, but I wanted to put some thoughts down about the writing.

Still trying to reach rock bottom with the plot/lack-of-plot.

Today, I got the idea to ask my character who it is and what he wants to do.

He told me some *very* disturbing things.

See, there might be no way to have my character do what he's done, and be a nice, sympathetic individual at the same time. Maybe he's done this bad thing more than once. I don't know. He started saying very disturbing things, about human beings and religion and all that. He scared me a little.

Then again, I'm not a very experienced medium. Could be that I was getting the waves of someone else, some malevolent man-mental, not my guy. My guy is not really good at speaking up.

I'll spend time listening some more.

I can't say that it's any easier to know what to write about. But, having clocked an unbelievable 4,519 words today, I can say that at least it's easy to write.

Hm.

Hanging in there,

jules

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jules,

Hang in there. You're doing great. I know what you mean about the character thing. I like my MC to have some sort of flaw, so although it might be disturbing what your MC told you, it might be the right thing.

Good luck tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Holy bejeezus, Jules--you've written so much in the last few days!! Congrats!

A bit of darkness in a MC is a beautiful thing, girl. If he's telling you he wants to go that way, maybe you should just let his demons fly. :)

I love keeping up with your literary adventures here!

Love,

Kate