Sunday, October 21, 2007

Plot Fatigue.

Anyone else out there experiencing plot fatigue?

My outline for Novel in A Day is five pages. Started in a blaze of glory two days ago, it's rounding out nicely, I'm trying to outline everything in digestible chunks so I can keep the word goals clear and focused - It's not only my goal to write 50,000 words in a day, but to finish a rough draft of the entire story in a day, so I can't get bogged down in any one part.

Now, I have to create an outline for the behemoth 100K word thing I want to write for the rest of the month. Anytime I think about putting that together, I feel TIRED. It's so big (and I wanted it to be big), but I feel like I'm looking at a broken porcelain bowl on the hard kitchen floor - there are a million pieces to put together and I'm not sure I have the skill.

Plus, it's so...Literary Fiction. No big screaming "PLOT" to speak of. The Big Novel looks like a Toyota Celica, next to the Ferrari that is my smaller, almost-mainstream plot.

Haven't done the first character sketch. It all feels so out of control.

Plus, there's a ton of crap to do for work, and I still have make and send the CDs for the NaNo CD exchange, and clean my house, and buy my chair and get a timer and figure out how to sync my dana and my laptop...

My mind is being pulled in ten directions.

Which means I should probably stop blogging and go DO SOMETHING.

jules

No comments: