Thursday, November 15, 2007

Long Day.

So.

Last night I went to the meetup at the Tea Spot. Took Dana with me (and did a quick 1200 on the way in to the city). It's a cozy little place (My one annoyance is that the Tea Spot doesn't sell coffee! Grr!), we had the whole basement. There were WriMos plastered wall to wall, a sizeable contingent on the floor. I walked in late, right at the beginning of a word war. There everyone was, looking all friendly and chat-able, and all they wanted to do was write!

Got into a few conversations post-word war. That was fun. We had a last minute word war as the place was closing. I was so jazzed up after the word war that I couldn't go home. I parked myself at the Washington Square Diner until 12:30am. Momentary weirdness when I opened the girl's bathroom door to find some bulimic in there yakking up her dinner. But other than that, I was quite productive.

All in all, I amassed a total of 6,140 words tonight. Not as much as I had intended, but nothing to sneeze at. I am about 2,800 short of 100K. Just to have some basis for comparison, the Novel in a Day version of the book has about 95 pages, at 50K words. I have finished Part 1 of the book, the first five chapters (of 17), and that section is 98 pages.

I have a couple of appointments on the Lower East Side tomorrow, so I plan on doing a mini Internet Cafe tour that will last all day. Taking Dana, of course. My plan is to get through the entire first chapter of Part II. That's 7,000 words.

I bought a printer today. I don't have a printer at home, and I need to see the new version on paper. I bought a printer that prints CDs.

It's nearly 2:30am. I should go to bed so I can get up at a reasonable hour in the morning.

jules

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it, but that's a lot of words you're cranking out there. Kudos. Keep at it.

Diamat (aiming for '25K by the end of the day').

Jules. said...

Thanks Diamat! Hope you made your goal!

jules