Thursday, January 31, 2008

FAWM jitters.

Oo. I'm feeling them.

February Album Writing Month starts tomorrow, and I can't remember anything I've ever wanted to write in my whole life. My pen is still. *sigh*

I got an idea from the board, to take pics of all the new gear (and there is a lot of it) and post them. Hm. I'll take care of that tonight, maybe it will stop my stomach from lurching. Ack.

Yesterday I had coffee with a musician I've spent the last decade idolizing. She is a wonderful person and it was so comforting to hear her words of wisdom about the business and about the hard reality of making records. I feel that hope fluttering again, the hope that the life I want is possible. This hope has ground me down into the concrete more than a few times, but it doesn't ever seem to die....

Tonight I meet up with the writers group to critique Cat's piece. I've never done this before, and I'm a bit nervous about that as well. Criticism is such a delicate thing.

survivin' it all,

j.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dream is possible, with focus! Less scattering of the energies. And expecting to write an album in a month for the sake of it, though a fun game, is not serious and is a step backwards from that dream.

Jules. said...

Hm...

Thanks for your comment, Anonymous. But, your comment makes me wonder how you found this board. Clearly not through NaNo or FAWM.

My energy needs to be less scattered, but also more free. You surprise yourself when you let yourself *do*. That's what February and November are about...more *doing*. Everyday should be about more *doing*, but, I'm working on that.

j.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on FAWM. :-)

NathanRyder said...

Go for gold this month Jules! I'm looking forward to reading about your progress on here.

Hope you get off to a good start today! :)