Wednesday, February 11, 2009

FAWM - Day 11.

Things went really well in class today.

The teacher wrote great things about my story, the class had good things to say about it. There was some constructive criticism as well, but the reaction was overall good. In my fashion, though, I concentrate on the one guy who didn't seem so hot on it. Already I'm day dreaming on trashing his story when it's his turn.

But it's all in my mind. At least I know that.

I also imagined to myself that Teacher was patting me on the head, telling me she liked my story when she really didn't. She seemed to have a more positive reaction to the other people's stories, I didn't get an "it's almost there." Well, my story isn't almost there. I know I have to do more digging.

Some people on the FAWM board do this thing called a "feast", in which they burn through an impossible amount of songs in a very short period of time. Currently, the challenge is 14 songs in 72 hours.

My blood responds to challenges, so immediately I start plotting to win. But, I've got a whole list of songs I really want to do well, and suspect that my time may be better spent taking my time for a job well done.

Hm.

I'm about to be Internet-less for 24 hours (turning my work laptop in for a Vista upgrade), and wonder how productive that will make me.

I may or may not check in tomorrow. If I do, I hope to have at least 3 new songs to post.

wml,
j.

No comments: