Sunday, February 15, 2009

FAWM - Day 15.

Today at work I felt my soul being sucked away, little by little.

I thought about music and listened, a little, to more of the great songs that people have been posting on the FAWM board.

My neil gaiman-inspired song is still waiting in the computer for me, all 50+ tracks of it. I don't know why I'm so afraid of it, or maybe I'm just tired at it. The idea of making sense of all that noise does not feel appealing to me right now.

I'm a little tired of my songs and myself, none of it feels new and exciting enough to bring it to life. This is not a good time to crap out; there are still nine songs to go.

*sigh*


I'm going to go back and make edits to one of the last songs I posted; I think I need to try to make more sense of the dissonance. Now it just sounds like mush.

Spent a lot of time reading today; a process book by Bret Antony Johnson. It's filled with exercises, but not really good at bringing any clarity around the elements of story. I was thinking hard today about the next story I'm going to submit for Booth. Can you plan complexity? I'd like my story to have some complexity. Without...existing yet.

Hm.

j.

No comments: