Friday, April 03, 2009

A dull moment? Never. At least, not this week.

Yesterday, I found out that in approximately two to three months, I will no longer have a job.

My company is lopping off 80% of its design operations, like a gangrenous leg. Only three design offices will be left in the nation (and one overseas). New York is not one of them. We're better off here than in other offices: all the other offices are closing on April 17th. At least we get a coupla months notice.

And they're being as nice as they can, considering. There will be a package, apparently.

I am fooling no one - it's not like I haven't been wishing this at the back of my brain for the past year. And now it's here. The careful planning starts now. Damn, I'm going to make this work.

I was in my apartment *smiling*. All morning.

I had a good meeting today. Mr. Producer played me some of his tracks, and some Beatles.

I've always resisted the Beatles. They're so ubiquitous that the anti-social in me has rejected them. But clearly, they were masterful craftsmen, maybe I should give them more of a look-in as I go collecting source material.

I did not have a song for Mr. Producer today. But, I happily plonked on the piano this morning, and came up with snippets that could be something. I feel myself easing into that groove, when my antennae are fully up and everything, I mean everything, could become a song.

I'm feeling pretty good. Nervous. Hopeful. Good.

j.

1 comment:

fablejack said...

This is where it starts to get really interesting...