Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter. Everywhere.

Today I woke up needing music.

*Needing* it, like a life raft I'm sailing on in the center of a lonely ocean.

I packed the ipod today and am listening. Hard.

Dave Dobbyn's Lament for the Numb and Twist are pretty great anytime music.

The pastorale of XTC's Apple Venus is perfect background music to celebrate an atheist's inner easter. River of Orchids is a stunning album opener, complex, winding, deeply beautiful. The imagery in Easter Theater is so gorgeous and bright that it blinds my third eye.

I do love music. I do love the music I love.

Yesterday, I had my intellect bound in knots by Adam Curtis's The Trap.

I felt like I was watching a visual university thesis being put together by a very, very smart man. I watched all three hours yesterday, closely, with furrowed brow. I got his point, eventually.

There's work-work to do and I will start it in a bit, as soon as I can come down off the music high and be where I am for a minute.

Thank you, Adam Curtis, XTC, Dave Dobbyn, for reminding me today what I believe in.


New life,
j.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahh! Apple Venus! Yes, indeed.

:::queues it up:::

I've seen the other two Adam Curtis documentary series but haven't seen "The Trap" yet. If it's anything like the others, I'm sure I'd really dig it.